He has no friends, but he gets a lot of mail.

Friday 13 November 2009

Regression

We are in regression this week.

This doesn't mean we behave more childishly than usual (though maybe we do), but that the developers have merged down all their features into the trunk in source control, and now they're testing whether anything has broken.

As part of that, all my topics have also moved into trunk, and I've been building the first feature-complete documents for the upcoming release, for QA to review.

A bit of an oversight in the whole source control plan is that this leaves me working on trunk for the week. This shouldn't be allowed, but they let me because fixes to documentation bugs don't need testing.

What should happen is for me to do all my reactive work on my own development branch which stays open after the rest of the product is frozen. When the release goes out, there will always be tweaks to be made which don't go with a feature, so it's good for that too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Twitter / dajlinton